Buildtools Meeting Minutes help you stay organised and on track.
Please note that this article covers Meeting Minutes on the desktop software, for instructions on how to use Meeting Minutes on Buildtools Cloud, please click here.
Accessing Meeting Minutes
From the Buildtools main menu, under the Contract Management heading, click on ‘Meeting Minutes‘.
Overview of Meeting Minutes
The Meeting Minutes page lets you:
- Create new meetings from scratch
- Create new meetings based on an existing meeting
- Modify / view existing meetings
Create New Meeting (From Scratch)
- By default, ‘New Meeting’ will automatically be selected.
- To enter the meeting type, select from the drop down menu or type directly into the box.
- The meeting number will automatically be inputted based on whether there have been previous meetings for the selected type or not.
- To create the meeting, click ‘OK‘.
- This section displays the meetings that have already been created for the current project.
After clicking ‘OK’, the following page will appear:
- The meeting type you entered previously will be displayed here.
- Enter the purpose of the meeting and the location.
- You will automatically be selected as the chair person for the meeting, however you are able to change this via the drop down menu.
- You will also automatically be selected as the original creator of the meeting details.
- Enter the date and time of the meeting.
- Enter the next meeting date and time if necessary, and include any notes for the next meeting date and time.
- Enter generic notes about the meeting here.
- After completing this page, click on ‘Attended By‘ to start the next step.
Clicking on ‘Attended By‘ will automatically open up the project contact list where you are able to select contacts and add them to the meeting.
- Click on a company to select it.
- Click on a contact to select them.
- Click ‘Attended‘ to mark them as having attended the meeting.
- Click ‘Copies To‘ to send copies of the meeting minutes to this contact.
- Click ‘Apologies‘ to mark a contact as not attending.
- Repeat this process until all necessary contacts have been added.
The ‘Attended By‘ page looks as below:
- Click here to select more recipients.
- Click on a recipient and then click here to remove them.
- Click on a recipient and then click here to add them as a contact in your Outlook account.
- Click here to add a reminder of a future meeting to your Outlook calendar.
- Click here to view the contact’s details.
- Once you are happy, you may proceed to the next step by clicking on ‘Minutes‘.
The minutes page looks as below:
Click on ‘Add New Section‘ to add meeting headings.
To save headings individually:
- Double click on an item to add it to the meeting minutes as a heading.
- Or click on ‘Add Selected Heading‘.
To save all headings at once, click on ‘Add All Headings‘.
The headings will now be displayed on the left hand side of the screen.
- Double click on a heading to open it up.
- You are able to assign the meeting minute to a specific user (the user will be displayed as an abbreviation of their company and contact name).
- You are able to assign a completion date.
- You can mark the meeting minute as complete. Any items not marked as complete will transfer over automatically.
- Here you are able to type the meeting minute notes directly.
- Click here to edit.
- Click here to delete the selected minute.
- Click here for spellcheck.
Click on ‘Print / Email‘ to distribute the Meeting Minutes, otherwise click on ‘Save to PDF‘.
Clicking on ‘Print / Email‘ will open up the following page:
- Select between print, email, print preview or send meeting invite.
- Select your recipients.
- Click here to view your default email note (what will be sent as default to recipients if ‘Email‘ was selected in step 1.
- Click here to submit.
Saved to PDF
The final step will save the Meeting Minutes as a PDF.
New Meeting (From Existing Meeting)
- Click on ‘New Meeting Based on an Existing Meeting‘.
- Click on the meeting you would like to use as the basis for the new meeting.
- Click ‘OK‘.
- Follow the same steps as above to create the new meeting minutes.
Modify / View Existing Meeting
- Click on ‘Modify / View Existing Meeting‘.
- Click on the meeting you would like to view or edit.
- Click ‘OK‘.