- Select the company. You are able to view and edit the phone number and company category.
- If the company category is not available, you can create a new one by clicking the + icon.
- View or edit the trade.
- If the trade is not available, create the trade by clicking on the + icon.
- View and edit the required details.
- Proceed to the next step by clicking on ‘Contact List‘.
- Click on a contact to open it up.
- In this section, you are able to view and edit all details.
- If the contact has moved to another company, instead of deleting them, enter their new company here.
- View the contact’s username here. Please note you are unable to change their username as this is automatically generated by Buildtools.
- To save any changes you have made, click ‘Save‘.
- To create new contact, click ‘New‘.
- After you have finished entering the new contact’s details, click ‘Invite to Buildtools‘. This will create them a Buildtools account and send the contact an email containing their username and a link for them to set up their password.
- Proceed to the next step by clicking on ‘Extended Information‘.
- If the company has an alternative name, enter it here. If the company has a generic email address and website, also enter it here.
- Additional trades may be added. Type directly into the box or select from the drop down menu.
- If the trade is not available as an option, click on the + icon to add a new trade.
- Click on the box to indicate the size of the company.
- Click on the box to indicate whether the company is commercial, residential or industrial.
- Proceed to the next step by clicking on ‘Supporting Documents’.
- To upload a file, click on ‘Click to attach one or more files‘.
- To view the file, click on ‘Click to view attachment‘.
- To delete the file, click on ‘Remove selected file from Buildtools‘.
- Proceed to the next step by clicking on ‘Comments / Insurance‘.
Comments / Insurance
- Check the box for EBA and/or Code of Practice Compliant.
- Enter the code compliance number and/or contractor review score.
- Enter the date for public liability and/or workers compensation.
- Click the Outlook icon if you would like to add the public liability and/or workers comp date as a reminder in Outlook.
- Enter the public liability policy number and/or the workers compensation policy number.
- Enter the terms here.
- Write any comments here.
- At the top of the screen, click ‘Save‘.